What is Second Career funding?
The Second Career program launched by the Ontario Ministry of Training. Colleges and Universities pay for training or education that help residents of Ontario to obtain a better job. It provides financial help up to $28,000 or more in some cases without a loan.
Can you apply for Second Career funding?
Yes, you are eligible to apply if you meet any of the following:
- You received Employment Insurance after Jan. 2005
- You have been laid off from a job after Jan. 2005
- You are currently unemployed or working in a temporary job
- You left the job because of sickness
- You took a maternity leave then didn’t return to a full time job now
- Your employment contract finished
How much does it cover?
It’s a financial aid up to $28,000 or in some cases even more. This program can assist you to cover some or all of the following expenses depending on the specifics in your case:
- Living Expenses
- Help caring for dependents
- Disability supports
- Other living and training costs
Want more information? Call us to see how we can help!