About the program
Pharma-Medical Science College of Canada launched the Home Based Child Care Certificate Program in January 2015. The fundamental of the 8 weeks program is to provide training to individuals who are enthusiastic in offering quality childcare from their own homes. A home-based childcare is a business that requires passion, patience and proper guidance through training.
The Home Based Child Care Certificate is a training session indicating completion of the 8 sessions (24 hours) program. The Home Based Child Care (HBCC) training certificate will be awarded to individuals who successfully attend and participate in the program. These providers care for newborns, toddlers and pre-school-aged children. They may offer childcare for school-aged children too before and after regular school hours, at lunch, and on holidays, PA days, winter, March and summer breaks full day as well. Get certified to open your own home day care today!
Who can/should apply?
1. Individuals who are interested in opening up their business from the convenience of home.
2. Parents who intend to take help from care providers for their own children and want to know more about the provincial regulations and procedures regarding home-based childcare.
There are some major benefits of a home-based childcare facility for the caregiver as well as for potential clients. So it’s a win-win situation.
- Life-time certification validity
- There is a family atmosphere
- Very-low risk of infection
- Flexible hours with part- time possibilities
- Caregivers can give good attention to children due to comparatively smaller groups
- Facilities are strictly monitored to maintain very good sanitation, hygiene and other required standards
- There are good possibility of inclusion for children with special needs
- Providers receive training occasionally to update their skills
- Providers have access to subsidy system in some localities under special circumstances
The HBCC Program is designed to provide basic information to individuals interested in providing childcare from the comfort of their own homes. Without this Training Completion Certificate an individual is not eligible to open up his/her own childcare facility at home.
The ministry provides license to many private-home day care agencies. These agencies in return can then contract individual caregivers who offer Home Based Child Care out of their own home.
So this home-based care facility really has good potentials for people willing to start up a small business with a noble purpose!