Advanced Esthetics program provide students with integrated theoretical and practical learning experiences and a strong foundation in personal care and specialized beauty and body treatments. The goal of the program is to prepare graduates to function effectively in a diverse, competitive, and growing customer service industry.
42 weeks (1020 hours) instructor-led full time training. Applicant must have Grade 12 level and demonstrated competency in English.
Following successful completion of the program, graduates of the Esthetician program can expect to find employment in day or resort spas, salons, beauty institutes, health clubs, cruise ships, and cosmetic firms. They may also be employed as sales representatives for manufacturers, distributors and retailers of esthetic products, or may find opportunities for self-employment, contract, and consulting work.
- beauty treatment operator,
- electrolysis technician,
- pedicurist, etc.,
- pedicurist, etc.
Estheticians, electrologists and related occupations (NOC 6562), this is an occupation under Skills Matrix B in the NOC code
The following is a summary of main duties:
- Give facial and other body treatments using specialized products and techniques.
- Advise customers on the use of make-up and other beauty products and apply make-up to customers; may specialize in applying makeup to models or other individuals for special occasions.
- Remove unwanted hair permanently from client's face or body using needle only specialized electrical hair removal equipment, laser and other equipment.
- Clean, shape and polish fingernails and toenails and provide related treatments.
- Scalp treatment specialists apply medicated lotions to treat scalp conditions and hair loss.