Warning: sprintf(): Too few arguments in /home/customer/www/pharmamedical.ca/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpseo-local/src/presenters/geo/position-presenter.php on line 38

Financial Aid

The financial aid options we provide assistance to apply for include OSAP (Ontario Student Assistance Program), Second Career, Ontario Works, ODSP, or WSIB, etc.

Financial Aid Options

Ontario Student Assistant Program (OSAP)

Financial assistance may be available for those who qualify.

For more information visit: osap.gov.on.ca

Second Career Program
What is Second Career funding?The Second Career program launched by the Ontario Ministry of Training. Colleges and Universities pay for training or education that help residents of Ontario to obtain a better job. It provides financial help up to $28,000 or more in some cases without a loan.Can you apply for Second Career funding?Yes, you are eligible to apply if you meet any of the following:

  • You received Employment Insurance after Jan. 2005
  • You have been laid off from a job after Jan. 2005
  • You are currently unemployed or working in a temporary job
  • You left the job because of sickness
  • You took a maternity leave then didn’t return to a full time job now
  • Your employment contract finished

How much does it cover?

It’s a financial aid up to $28,000 or in some cases even more. This program can assist you to cover some or all of the following expenses depending on the specifics in your case:

  • Tuition
  • Living Expenses
  • Help caring for dependents
  • Travel
  • Transportation
  • Disability supports
  • Other living and training costs
  • Books

Want more information? Call us to see how we can help!

Windmill Micro Lending
Windmill Microlending is a registered charity serving newcomers since 2005. They offer low-interest loans of up to $15,000 to help skilled immigrants restart their careers in Canada.For more information, please visit: https://windmillmicrolending.org/
Canada-Ontario Job Grant
The Canada-Ontario Job Grant (C.O.J.G.) provides an opportunity for employers to invest in their workforce with help from the government.

The Job Grant provides direct financial support to individual employers who wish to purchase training for their employees.  It’s available to small, medium, and large businesses with a plan to deliver short-term training to existing and new employees.

Provide up to $10,000 in government support per person for training cost.

Require employers to contribute one-third of the total costs.  There is additional flexibility for small businesses to provide an in-kind contribution towards their share of the cost.

Require training delivered by an eligible, third-party trainer.

If you are an employer who needs to provide training for your employees or an employee who wishes to inform your employer of the job grant and get training while employed, contact us to learn more.  Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis and we will be happy to guide you through the process.

Contact us for more information and free consultation.

Ontario Works (OW)
If you are receiving social assistance with Ontario Works, you may be eligible for financial support to help cover the cost of training through Individual Services and Supports (ISS).What makes me eligible?Courses or programs of study must:

  • Last 8 months or less
  • Cost no more than $10,000
  • Not be eligible for OSAP funding

Job-Specific Skills Training

The goal of ISS is to help you get the training you need to become employed in specific industry, such as pharma-medical related industry.

Want more information? Call us to see how we can help!

Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP)
ODSP – Income SupportsIf you are receiving Ontario Disability Support Program Income Support, the Employment and Training Start-Up Benefits can help pay for items that you and your family need:

  • a training program
  • a new full-time or part-time job
  • your own business
  • an approved employment activity, such as a job search.

ODSP – Employment Supports

What is ODSP Employment Supports?

It’s for people with disabilities who are able to work and want help to find a job.

ODSP – Employment Supports can help you even if you have never worked before, have been out of work for some time, or are currently in school.

Once you start working, you can also get financial assistance to keep your job or to advance your career.

Who is Eligible for ODSP Employment Supports?

To be eligible for ODSP Employment Supports, you must

  • be 16 years of age or older
  • be a resident of Ontario
  • be able to work in Canada
  • have a disability that is expected to last a year or more, and
  • have a disability that makes it hard for you to find or keep a job.

Want more information? Call us to see how we can help!

Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB)
If you are receiving Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) you may be eligible for being paid with training costs through Work TransitionWhat training service does Work Transition cover?

  • ESL training
  • Literacy and basic skills
  • Vocational skills training
  • Training on the job
  • Job search training
  • Employment placement services
  • Work trial

Vocational skills training services improve existing job skills and/or teach new skills, vocational skills training can be conducted by a Ministry of Training, Colleges, and Universities (MTCU) registered private career college. The training received from such providers ensures that workers have current, marketable skills and valid credentials to return to work in the identified suitable occupation.

  • Generally, a college program would not exceed 2 years in length and is subject to the total 3-year plan length if also provided in combination with other services. Workers attending colleges that have career counseling and work placement services are expected to use these services during and after the program.
  • Usually, the maximum spending for private career colleges is $10,000 in total.



Want more information? Call us to see how we can help!

The Targeted Initiative for Older Workers
The Targeted Initiative for Older Workers is jointly funded by the Federal and Provincial government. This program will help unemployed older workers increase their chances to find and keep a job as the local economy changes.Financial Aid Available to Those Who Quality:

  • aged 55 to 64
  • unemployed
  • legally entitled to work in Canada
  • lack skills needed to find a new job, and
  • live in a vulnerable community – one with high unemployment, largely dependent on a single employer or industry and has a population of 250,000 or less



Want more information? Call us to see how we can help!

Youth Employment Fund Program
The Ontario Government is assisting youth with employment opportunities through the Youth Employment Fund (YEF).Financial Support is available for eligible youth to cover costs like transportation, clothing, or tools required for the job.You may be eligible if you are:

  • Between 15 and 29 years of age
  • Unemployed
  • Not attending school full-time
  • A resident of Ontario.


Want more information? Call us to see how we can help!

RESP (Educational Assistance Payments)
The RESP is a tax-sheltered education savings account that can help you, your family, or friends save for a child’s education after high school. It is also registered by the Government of Canada.How to withdraw funds from your RESP?Once the child (the RESP beneficiary) has graduated from high school and enrolled full-time or part-time in a qualifying post-secondary educational program, you can request, on his or her behalf, to withdraw money from the RESP to help pay for their studies.When you withdraw government payments or interest earned from an RESP account, that money is called an Educational Assistance Payment. Educational Assistance Payments include the interest earned in the RESP as well as any Canada Education Savings Grantsprovincial grants and Canada Learning Bonds received. You can use this money to pay for post-secondary school expenses like tuition, books, and transportation. Want more information? Call us to see how we can help!
Company External Course Training
External training refers to training programs not designed or carried out within the organization. Companies carry out external training because it is less time consuming and they might not have the resources to train in-house.Why choose PSCC as your corporate training provider?

  • Our instructors have many years of Canadian work experience in their professional field
  • Our cutting-edge laboratory instruments assist the students to practice and learn the skills to acquire employment in the pharma-medical industry
  • Our college has trained many current company employees from different pharmaceutical, food, cosmetic and medical related companies


Want more information? Call us to see how we can help!


Book A Complimentary Tour Now

Explore with our experienced staff
whether Pharama Medical can lead you to a rewarding career path.