40 weeks (970 hours) instructor-led full-time training with Co-op
6 weeks in total of 240 hours
Free financial consultation available. Financial aid may be available to those who qualify.
The diploma of medical office administration program is designed to provide students with a variety of knowledge and skills which are needed to work in a private physician office, clinical office, or hospital.
The student will learn the basic use of medical terminology, the various functions of management, the requirements specific to patients with certain diseases or disability, skills of good customer services, knowledge of good customers services, the knowledge of OHIP, WSIB and third party billing, the knowledge of maintaining the health records and various ethical and legal issues attached with them, and the knowledge of general rules pertaining to medical transcription.
This program includes 9 models. It covers all the necessary elements to work as a medical office administrator. We focus on practical knowledge. After training the students will fully qualify for the career market.
Graduates for the program can develop a career in the following industries:
- Private medical clinics
- Community health units
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Hospital departments (admissions, out-patient clinics, emergency, radiology, or as a ward clerk or surgical booking clerk)
- Nursing homes
- Medical and research laboratories
- Senior citizens residences
- Medical transcription departments/facilities
- Private veterinary clinics
- Medical specialty offices
- Midwifery clinics
- Medical supply companies
- Medical laboratory
- Insurance companies
• Answering phones
• Greeting patients
• Transcribing legal and medical correspondence
• Processing patients medical records
• Scheduling appointments
• Medical Billing (OHIP, WSIB & third party)
• Manage the inventory control of office and medical supplies
• Basic accounting and payroll
• Preparing examination rooms
Book A Complimentary Tour Now
Explore with our experienced staff
whether Pharama Medical can lead you to a rewarding career path.